Marvel superheroes in one package = Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Nope. This is way better. I will tell u why. =)
10 to 20 Hours
The Bottom Line:
I tried a few similar games. Namely , Marvel Ultimate Alliance , Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony, and Untold Legends. Justice League heroes far exceeds my expectations in a dozen ways. Marvel Ultimate Alliance was disappointing due to its somewhat jerky frame rate and basic graphics. Dungeon Siege was great. Untold Legends was awesome. But Justice League was superb !!
1. Innovative skill system. After leveling-up , u get to allocate skill points to 5 character-specific skills or a few passive stats. Later when u accumulate certain boosts e.g. damage boost / efficiency boost, u have the choice of keeping them for later use or combining them to form more potent boosts and insert them into skills to improve it. For example, efficiency boosts reduce energy cost. Range boost increase impact force / range ( obviously ) .
2. Fluid character animations. Characters are detailed and the models are smooth, unlike MUA ( Marvel Ultimate Alliance ) which are quite rough at the edges. Each character ( Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonderwoman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna ) have unique powers which differ from one another.
-Superman can lift trucks, fly, resist most damage, fires lasers from his eyes, unleash a collateral punch, freeze enemies with his breath or pummel through air knocking back enemies.
-Batman can fire random batarangs, grapple hook to pull himself quickly out of trouble or simply to get to his target quicker, glide across air, unleash a string of combo kicks, using flash bangs to stun enemies or placing a beacon to attract blood-sucking bats.
-Green Lantern is unique in the sense that his powers are kinda amusing. He can trap enemies in a force field preventing them from affecting the outside world and vice versa. He can even summon an ethereal hammer to deal AoE damage, summon a shield to protect allies and keep out enemies or bring forth a grinder which deals dmg over time.
-Flash is my favorite. Being the fastest man on Earth, he can easily zip behind enemies and whack them for good measure or spin so fast that he conjure a whirlwind to suck enemies up. Or u could just zip around whacking enemies, zip through obstacles and tripling your attack / movement speed. Amazing thing is, the animations are awesome. Just darn awesome. =)
-Wonderwoman can deflect almost any projectile damage back. ( Like a lightsaber ). She can use her magical lasso to tie enemies, whip them to her, or spin them around like merry-go-round. Etc Etc.
These are the few highlights I find very interesting. There are of course a few unlockable characters with different sets of skills. =)
3. Great replay value. If u value challenges, u might want to replay the game several times to hone your skills in dispatching your foes. There are all together, 5 modes of difficulty in which 2 of them, elite and superhero are unlocked after beating the game. The difficulty is just right. Not to hard. Not too easy. Perfect.
4. Somewhat long single player campaign.
5. Interesting plot twists.
6. Boss battles are very very interesting due to the variety. Not every boss can be defeated by the simple *hack hack hack*. Some require you to deactivate certain 'things' , some requires timing etc etc. Wont say too much for fear of spoilers. Anyway, Its plenty of fun. Trust me. =)
7. Interactive environment. Most props are destructible, which makes combat all the more enjoyable and less monotonous. U can pick things and throw at 'em. ( Like all Marvel games ) Or u can just snap a tree and use its branch to whack people, throwing them off their feet. Or bash their skull in using a vehicle.
8. U can fly. *winks* Well... most characters could. And no energy cost involved. =)
9. Great graphics.
10. Great AI. Especially on the harder difficulties.
11. Cutscenes are splendid.
1. Music is kinda recycled. But still OK nonetheless.
2. Linear campaign. No alternate endings. ( Oh well. Who cares? )
3. Some unlockable characters are just the exact same duplicate of previous heroes but with different models. ( There are exceptions of course , like Black Canary and Green Arrow )
4. Campaign / Story-mode could be longer.
5. Should've included some optionals to do.
Overall, its a great game with LOTS of variety, character-wise and mission-wise. Combat is very interesting due to its fast pace and interactive environments. Pity the campaign lacks optionals or something else to do ( like minigames .... ) and u cant revisit previous locales. Anyway. Its still better than average and if your looking for an interesting RPG / Action game. This is the one . =)
I was not expecting Justice League Heroes to be this frick'n sweet!
20 to 40 Hours
The Bottom Line:
"Check your bargain bin"
I decided to play this game purely because I was nostalgic for Superman, Batman, and the Flash. I figured it was going to be like all the X-men games and i was a little concerned by this but JLH proved to be better in my opinion. Unlike the X-men games, the leveling up was more effective, The super heros are better, and the story and the cut scenes were great. There are just enough super heros in this game so that you can have a chance at playing with all of them and still level them up to an effective level. You control one hero and accompanied by a fellow hero. The levels and the enemies are in great variety and number. the game controls are very functional and effective. The game play is very smooth and fast paced although the game did freeze on me once. JLH has great replay value because you can start a new game with your level up't characters and use different characters in different combinations and use new characters and outfits that you can purchase with "shields" you collect. This is a game that I will play over and over and over and.......
It's actually a great game for a Diablo-style superhero hack'n'slasher.
10 to 20 Hours
The Bottom Line:
A lot of people preferred the Marvel games like X-men Apocalypse and Ultimate Alliance compared to this and I feel that it's a different gaming style to begin with. Justice League heroes is a more casual and straightforward RPG than any other action RPGs out there and that's probably the beauty of its simplicity. It's zen enough to just give you the basic attributes like health, melee power and energy with a few skills unique to the superheroes themselves which are easy to identify with and use, such as Superman's eye beams and batman's batslingers. And then you just go and hack the bad guys to bits. Any toddler can play Justice Leagues Heroes now, ha!
Well, DC's Superhero comics are more grim in nature (I feel) and I think it's a good change to make the game more lively and bright, yes bright. Most of the sets in the game are colorful and sunshine bright, which is very welcoming. Though the combat tactics may be superficial for some experienced gamers, one good thing the developers have done is the detailed utilising of the superheroes' abilities to add interest to the game. Such as batman's cape for steering purposes while in temporary flight, and the Flash's Flash ability to bypass spinning propellers. All these are implemented with great knowledge and respect for the comics.
The overall gameplay is not too hard which allows you to have fun playing it to unlock more features for fresher replay value, thus even if I'm not a hardcore fan of any of the comics, this game still serves its purpose of entertaining a hardcore gamer like me.
Just goes to say that you can never judge a game by it's cover!!!
10 to 20 Hours
The Bottom Line:
Okay, so here's the deal. The first time you look at the cover of Justice League:Heroes, you just think, "Okay, this is gonna be one of those games where the developers try to trick comic book fans into buying a game which is better off in the trash!!".But it's not. I actually borrowed the game from my friend. The game started off like any other RPG game, but as you progress through each mission, the game just becomes more addictive! The game offers a long list of superpowers for each unique hero and there are also many unlockable outfits which is great if you ask me. A comic-based RPG is never complete without unlockable outfits! Anyway, The developers actually thought hard of making a solid story for the game, and apparently they did it right in this game. I've played Marvel:Ultimate Alliance too but when you compare both of these games you'll learn to love DC a lot more than marvel. And that statement doesn't go as an insult to Marvel fans. I, myself am one but its hard not to praise DC comics after you play this game. The graphics used in the cutscenes are just simply brilliant.The game is awesomet and once you start it, its hard to put down your PSP.
But just for the benefit of all of you who are planning on getting the game, I guess I have to mention some negative points as well. To start with, the game was rather short. I didnt even get enough time to unlock all the outfits! Where the hell is hawkgirl by the way??? Shes not one of the seven. But I guess thats a lame thing to say as she was not one of the popular or loved characters. She had a striking physique though. Ahem. They replaced her with a magician lady. Its been a long time since I played the game that i forgot her name. I donno whether its because I haven't reviwed many games or because the game is so damn good, but I just cant think of any more backdrops of the game. As an ending note: All of you out there, get this game!! Borrow it from a friend or if you are an insane DC comic fan, just go ahead and buy the darn thing. Trust me, the game won't dissapoint you!!
It's not enjoyable as marvel ultimate alliance, it have boring story and good gameplay..................................
10 to 20 Hours
The Bottom Line:
This game is good for the gameplay, marvel alliance is better becuase you can choose 1, 2, 3 or 4 chars to play the missions, but this only you can choose 2, besides the game was lazy for me, in marvel alliance is fun becuase you can talk with any superheroe, the superheroes talk about their origins or what they think about the others, etc. and in this game don't have this, that's the reason that this game looked a little boring.
One of the things that I hate in this game is supergirl, is the version of the DCAU and I HATE HER!!, I mean, it was not neccesary her appearance in this game becuase she SUCKS!!!, the only good thing was batman, I enjoyed playing with him.
In the end, I insist that this game don't beat marvel alliance, marvel is better than dc, the stories of dc bore me and marvel not.
i give this game 6.